Saturday, August 28, 2010

changing perspectives.

earlier today i went to a workshop for graphics design.(i was late, as usual) but it was a suuper duuper fun workshop, and I learned a lot. of course i didn't take notes since what they presented was mostly visual, and i didn't bring a book and a pen anyway.

i wasn't very interested to attend at first because seminars are always booring, but man was I wrong! I'm glad I went to this workshop. The speakers were famous graphic artists working in Manila, and just like me, as students, they were also very lazy (ok, maybe that's just me), they were not that active, or too "fond" of school either. i guess they were the type who went to school for fun and not for education. In that way, I connected with all three of them.

Mr. Mark Nikolas Martin, Mr. Paolo Dizon, and my fellow Bacolodnon Ms. Isabel Gatuslao, who was very very pretty and young-looking at the age of thirty. I thought she was kidding wen she first said it, Kurt fell in love, haha!

The workshop made me like graphic design more than photography, and it's a big deal for me, because I've been a photographer since sixth grade. Changing perspectives is quite hard for me since I have no actual basis for graphic designing. but wth, Its cool to try out new things, and maybe do both at the same time. :)

After the workshop, we had to shoot the poster for our multimedia class, I was so excited, because I wanted to be the photographer again, but both our male and female models couldn't make it, and so i had to stand in. We had no choice, and they convinced me with free lunch, soo what the heck. HAHAHA!

The product was San Mig Light, and we didnt ave any, so we ad to make do with an empty botle of vodka and a can of pepsi that could pass as SML if post processed. awkward, and hella funny. :)))

"You have to go through a lot of shit, to create a beautiful flower"

No comments: